How to Fold a Horse Blanket
Updated December 8, 2022
Tired of struggling with unruly horse blankets or leg straps hanging out all over the place? SmartPak to the rescue! This video shows you the easy way to get a tidy fold in no time flat!
Steps for Properly Folding and Storing Horse Blankets
- Lay the blanket out on a flat surface and fold it along the spine.
- Bring the belly straps up into the center of the blanket, so that they stay tucked in.
- Start from the back of the blanket and fold in towards the center, ending right about in the middle.
- Do the same fold with the front of the blanket, folding it in towards the middle.
- Hold the bottom of the blanket and fold it up to the top.
Now your blanket is properly folded and good to go into storage for later in the day, when the weather changes, or for next season!
Does your horse need a new blanket? Shop horse blankets and get free shipping and return shipping! If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to blankets and rugs, we’ve got you covered with our blanketing guide. And if you need some help organizing your horse’s blankets, check out SmartPak’s stall and blanket storage bags, racks, and trunks.
Originally published August 23, 2015