How to Make a Claim
Should your horse require colic surgery, please contact us at 1-888-433-5037 after the surgery is complete and our ColiCare representatives will help you process your claim as quickly as possible.
Post-Surgical Claims Process:
- Your horse must be officially enrolled in the ColiCare program and receiving the maintenance dose (30 g) of SmartDigest Ultra in SmartPaks for at least 28 days prior to a claim being made.
- Once your horse's colic surgery is complete, you must call our ColiCare claims phone number, 1-888-433-5037, to initiate the claims process within 14 days of the surgery.
- There are two forms that will need to be completed for SmartPak to review a claim, and these can be completed and returned simultaneously or separately, however claims cannot be reviewed until SmartPak has received both documents. The first is the Veterinary Affidavit, which we will provide for you. Your horse's regular Veterinarian will need to sign this form in order to certify that your horse has met the 4 required veterinary services listed below prior to surgery. Once the horse's regular veterinarian has signed the Veterinary Affidavit, he or she will need to return this form to SmartPak via mail, fax or email (contact information listed below.)
- An annual physical examination by the Attending Veterinarian each year and compliance with his/her recommendations,
- An annual dental examination by the Attending Veterinarian each year and completion of follow-up dental care as indicated,
- Annual vaccinations administered by the Attending Veterinarian each year that will generally include those recommended by the American Association of Equine Practitioners (Tetanus, EEE/WEE, WNV and Rabies) as well as other vaccinations recommended by the Attending Veterinarian based on risk, and
- Annual participation in a veterinarian-directed deworming program each year that includes at least one fecal test and at least two deworming administrations annually.
- Once we receive both the Veterinary Affidavit, Surgical Reimbursement Request Form and the itemized surgical invoice, we will have your claim reviewed by an independent, board certified veterinarian. We will contact you regarding the outcome of your claim within 2 business days of receiving both forms.
- Reimbursement checks will be mailed within 5-7 business days for all approved claims.
We also require the surgical invoice from the veterinary surgical facility, which they can simply mail, fax or email directly to SmartPak. Once we have received the surgical invoice, we will take care of filing a Surgical Reimbursement form for your claim. You and your Veterinarian can provide these documents through any method listed here:
ATTN ColiCare Claims
40 Grissom Rd Ste 500
Plymouth, MA 02360
Start your horse on SmartDigest Ultra in SmartPaks and apply for our free ColiCare program to become eligible for up to $7,500 of colic surgery reimbursement. How's that for Smarter?