SmartPak Recipe: No-Sugar Pumpkin Pet Treats
So this past weekend I had a little extra time on my hands and was feeling festive, so I decided to do some seasonal baking. Like any normal person, I decided I would bake for my most appreciative audience, my four-legged friends.
I looked through the cupboard for some ingredients that would be tasty, and healthy.
I came up with the following ingredients:
1 can Pumpkin
4 cups Quaker Oats
½ cup flour
½ cup water
Cinnamon to taste
Plus the following supplies:
Spatula or big spoon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients well in a mixing bowl, and form teaspoon-shaped balls. Place these on a non-stick cooking pan.
- Toss in oven for 20 minutes, and let your kitchen elves lick the bowl clean.
- Remove from oven with an oven mitt, and allow to cool.
- I taste-tested these on my entire family. They got rave reviews from my two dogs:
- And my littlest mustang, Pablo.
My bigger mustang mare said, “no thanks”, but she is REALLY picky and won’t eat any treats other than carrots, so I wasn’t expecting much.
- When I said my entire family- that meant my poor unsuspecting husband too. I brought them out to him, and he was so overjoyed his wife (who has trouble locating the proper place settings for take-out dinner) BAKED HIM COOKIES, that he suspected nothing.
However, after taking one bite, the jig was up, and he realized they were not for humans.
Overall, 3 of the 4 intended recipients thought this recipe was a big hit, and it not only was super easy- it made my kitchen smell wonderful and festive! If you give these cookies a try let me know what your horse thinks (or what your husband thinks) of them!