QUEST Plus delays reappearance of strongyle eggs for 84 days, QUEST Plus kills small strongyles in the encysted state with a single dose., Quest® (moxidectin 2%, praziquantel 12.5%) Equine Oral Gel is specially formulated as a palatable gel which is easily administered to horses and ponies.Favorite Features
ADMINISTRATION AND DOSAGE:
QUEST PLUS® (moxidectin/praziquantel) Equine Oral Gel is specially formulated as a palatable gel which is easily administered to horses and ponies. QUEST PLUS Gel is packaged in ready-to-use SURE-DIAL syringes (see diagram of the SURE-DIAL syringe below). The syringe is calibrated in 50-pound increments, up to 1250 pounds. This enables the administration of the recommended dose level by choosing a setting consistent with the animal’s weight.
HOW TO SET THE DOSE:
Since the dose is based on the weight of the animal, you need to use a scale or weight tape to find each animal’s weight before treating with QUEST PLUS Gel. Once the weight is known, set the dose for each horse or pony as follows.
1. Hold the syringe with the capped end pointing to the left and so that you can see the weight measurements and tick marks (small black lines) as shown in the diagram below. Each tick mark relates to 50 lbs. of body weight.
2. Turn the blue dial ring until the left side of the ring lines up with the weight of the animal. In the diagram below, the dial ring is set to dose a 500 lb. animal.
HOW TO GIVE QUEST PLUS GEL TO A HORSE OR PONY:
1. Make sure there is no feed in the animal’s mouth.
2. Remove the cap from the end of the syringe. Save the cap for reuse.
3. Place the tip of the syringe inside the animal’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
4. Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of the tongue.
5. Remove the syringe from the animal’s mouth and raise the animal’s head slightly to make sure it swallows the gel.
6. Replace the syringe cap.
SmartPak customers are some of the most conscientious animal owners around. We encourage you to share your experience with the products we sell to help fellow customers to make informed choices for their animals. We do not edit these reviews in any way - they are direct customer-to-customer communication. We do monitor reviews for positive and negative feedback, and use this feedback to improve our selection as well as sharing feedback with product manufacturers to help them improve their products. Please note that we recommend consulting your vet with serious health issues.