Leave First+Ice inserts in your freezer overnight. The dry cold material is solid coming from the freezer. A simple 10-second massage of the re-freezable/reusable bag results in a loose, flexible, cold source that configures to the horse's cannon and tendon area immediately.
- Store the First+Ice packages in your home or stable refrigerator freezer chamber.
- Remove just before you plan to use. Store in a thermal container.
- Cross-tie the horse in a stall or wash rack. Wet down Horse's leg(s) with a sponge.
The Leg Wraps (Boots) and Suspender:
- Use six First+Ice packs for each knee to ankle wrap.
- Massage the First+Ice pack to loosen the beads of ice cold relief.
- Apply the wraps to the knee to ankle treatment area of the leg from the bottom (ankle) up to the knee area and secure with the straps from the bottom to the top. the straps on each wrap provide for a well-configured fit to the area. Hand mold the wrap around the knee to ankle area to ensure even coverage of the inserts.
- Hang the adjustable suspender over the withers. Apply the Velcro suspender ends to the top of the two wraps above both knees. Adjust the suspender so each side of the strap is supporting the wrap from slipping down on the horse's leg.
- After use, the First+Ice inserts packs can be wiped down with a damp cloth and returned to the freezer. Store the boots and suspender separately in a dry place.
For Hot Compress Use:
Boiling provides best heating effectiveness:
- Bring pan of water to boil. Remove from heat. Place inserts in pan for 8-10 minutes. Remove inserts from pan. Wrap insert in a light towel. Place in the Ice Horse Wrap.
- Place insert in microwaveable container and cover completely with water. NEVER HEAT WITHOUT COVERING THE INSERT WITH WATER. Place container in microwave. Heat at full power for three minutes (time base on 600 watt microwave oven). After heating, remove insert from water. Wrap inserts in towel or leg of hock wraps, then place on horse's injury. If additional heat is required, heat in 30 second intervals.