What is Magnetic Therapy?
Magnetotherapy is a medical method that treats several pathologies in man and animals, exploiting magnetic fields.
How does it work?
The cells, whose fundamental task is the product of energy, have an electric voltage that feeds a coordinated activity on a level of tissues and organs. In a situation of internal or external injury, cell activity is compromised and the consequences are inflammation, pain, etc. The creation of a magnetic field by means of permanently magnetised Neodymium plates having several polarities helps restore the biological energy, slowing down the physiological deterioration of tissues.
Effects of magnetic fields:
The magnetic fields favour and facilitate lymphatic and blood microcirculation, the change and use of nutrient substances by the cells, the natural biological defence system and the elimination of metabolic waste matter. Moreover, the magnetic fields provide significant benefits in all inflammatory processes which are often accompanied by pain. The benefit is obtained through a reduction of the inflammatory process and, at the same time, an analgetic action with respect to the tissue nerve fibres.
Magnetotherapy also stimulates vasodilation, i.e. increases the blood flow to the injured part, speeds up the elimination of dead cells and toxins, relaxes the muscles and reduces swelling. The static magnetic energy also stimulates the production of Elastin and Collagen, which are indispensable elements for the reconstruction of tissues.
Directions for use:
• Start the treatment gradually to accustom the horse to the effect of the Magnetotherapy. Some horses can sense the magnetic action, which may be felt as a slight tickle due to the increase in blood circulation. First day, one hours use. Second day, two hours use etc.
• During the first few days when using Magnetic products it is advisable to tie the horse, to prevent it from biting and tearing magnetic devices.
• Do not use with any liniment or heat creating medicines. If liniment or heat creating medicines have been used, wait 72 hours for medicines to dissipate before using Magnetik Line products.
• Do not use if there is any sign of hemorrhaging
• Do not use when there is an active, untreated infection
• Do not use within 3 days of a hematoma
• Do not use during the acute stage of injury (first 72 hours)