- Reduces inflammation, controls swelling, decreases injury risk
- Ideal for rehabilitation and post-exercise treatment
- GelPaks conform to body with optional and adjustable air compression
- Use on multiple horses with removable, quick freezing or heating GelPaks
- Available in sets for Tendon, Hock, Knee or Back
If you have questions or concerns, consult with your veterinarian. Studies indicate that cold therapy application of more than 2S-minutes may have detrimental effects and is not advised. Do not exceed 12 pumps of pressure as this may cause injury. Care must be taken whenever cold or hot therapy is applied to a limb. Cold or hot therapy used incorrectly or applied for too long can potentially damage the skin and underlying tissue. EquiFit, inc. is not responsible for misinterpretation or misuse.
Cold Therapy Application Procedure
1. For optimal cold treatment, place GelPaks in freezer for six hours before initial use.
2. As the GelPaks will never freeze solid, lay them flat and evenly disperse gel before placing in corresponding (right or left) boot.
3. Place uncompressed boot against the leg. Secure with Velcro® attachments.
4. Attach pump, turn valve to "On" position and pump to desired level of compression.
S. Once desired compression is reached, turn valve to "Off' position and detach tube.
6. To end therapy, turn valve to "On" position to deflate boot before removing from leg.
7. After use, the GelPaks should be returned to the freezer immediately, but only require 20 minutes in the freezer to regain a freezing temperature after initial use. If a freezer in not available, the GelPaks can be placed in a large, sealed bag and buried in an ice chest to regain freezing temperature.
Hot Therapy Application Procedure
1. Place GelPak in heating unit and cover completely with water.
2. Increase water temperature to 71ºC/160ºF and maintain at temperature for 20- minutes.
3. Repeat Steps 2 - 6 from Cold Therapy Instructions.