5 Star Standard Pad for Low-Withers
Why We Love This
Built to last, this saddle pad is an investment in your horse's comfort. It contains 100% virgin wool which offers superior quality, wicking, cooling, and compression protection. The cut of the pad is specifically designed for horses with lower withers, thicker shoulder, and flatter backs who experience difficulties with saddle and saddle pad fit due to their conformation.
- 100% virgin wool provides ultimate wicking/cooling properties and compression protection for your horse's back
- Sized for smaller or cut-back saddles
- Protects against pressure points
- Heavy leather wear leathers for ultimate durability
- Free cleaning sponge included
Sizing It Up
30" x 30".
Two thickness options (3/4" or 7/8"). Best thickness is determined by personal preference, saddle fit, horse's discipline and workload, etc.
Care and Cleaning
- Prevent dirt and hair build-up on the under side of pad by occasional brushing. This keep old hair from being pushed further into the pad and trapping dirt and sweat.
- To remove embedded hair and dirt, rub a dry 5 Star cleaning sponge (which arrives with the purchase of every 5 Star saddle pad) in a circular motion on a dry pad.
- For pads with heavy crusted sweat and dirt, break up area with rubber fingered curry or scrape gently with a dull edged object being careful to not cut the felt. Vacuum (with a shop vac) if possible, or use a brush to remove loose material.
Washing is only necessary if the pad is beginning to feel hard and form pressure points.
- Use a small amount of soap that is safe for fine wool
- Wash pad from the center to the outer edges. Hang/hold by gullet hole, runse from cetner of pad to outer edges, rotating the pad so that the water flows out towards the edges. Avoid laying the pad flat and rinsing as this will drive the dirt into the pad.
- Wash/rinse lightly, using only enough water to dissolve the sweat and dirt residue. Hang by gullet hole of lay over a rail to dry. Avoid laying flat to dry.
- Flex the pad once it is dry to restore the cushion.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|5 Star Standard Pad for Low-Withers|
- SmartPakEquine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.