Looks like you don't have any supplements yet...
Building a SmartPak is super easy, here's how:
Need more help getting started?Start a quick walkthrough
but not more than six items to compare.
$14.35 - $103.95
$9.95 - $78.95
$11.25 - $54.95
$68.95 - $116.95
$9.95 - $37.95
$23.55 - $108.95
$53.95 - $56.35
$20.45 - $79.95
$73.75 - $92.95
$16.35 - $93.95
$14.35 - $179.95
$17.35 - $36.95
What is it?Horses that don’t drink well are a constant source of worry to their owners both in the heat of summer and the cold of winter. When it’s hot, horses that sweat but don’t replace the water lost in sweat by drinking can become dehydrated. This can lead to reduced performance, heat exhaustion and other problems. When it’s cold, horses may drink less because of the temperature of the water. Dehydration in winter can mean impaction colic, choke and other serious problems.
What can be done about it?There are three ways to try to get more water into horses: feed electrolytes to stimulate thirst, provide warm water in the winter, and add water to feedstuffs such as hay, hay pellets and cubes, complete feeds, and beet pulp.
What else do I need to know?The average horse drinks between five and seven gallons of water per day. However, when the temperature and workload increase, horses have been known to down as much as 24 gallons to replace losses! Close observation to a horse’s drinking habits as well as his vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, capillary refill time) may indicate when he needs to slow down, get out of the heat, or get some more water into him.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|Ingredient||Per Serving||Per Pound|
Note From SmartPak Equine
We want to be your partner in finding the right supplements to support your horse's
health and performance. The most important resource we offer is our Customer Care
team. They are the best in the industry and if you have questions about this product
or others, a friendly and extensively trained Product Specialist would be glad to
assist you. If you would like a comprehensive review of your horse's supplement
program from one of our most experienced consultants, sign up for a FREE Supplement Consultation today! Simply request a call-back time that is convenient for you. Have a quick
question? Chat Live with one of our team members now.
Beyond expert help, we've made comparison shopping for supplements easier by offering the following resources:
- Comparison Charts - reading supplement labels and comparing ingredients can involve a lot of math, so we've harmonized the information into handy ingredient charts.
- Click to Compare - within any supplement category on our website you can select up to 5 products and click the "Compare My Selection" button to get a streamlined comparison of just the products you're interested in.
- Ingredient Glossary - Want to learn more about a specific ingredient within a supplement? Check out our comprehensive glossary!
- Free Taste Test Samples - We don't want you purchasing supplements that your horse won't eat. If you've got a picky eater, just contact us and we'll happily send you a free, 3-day taste test sample of any supplements we carry.
- Health & Nutrition Library - Need-to-Know information for horse owners on everything from diseases and conditions to common horse problems like spookiness and rain rot. This library has it all!
We respect and value the importance of your veterinarian as the primary professional in your horse's management. Supplements are no substitute for regular veterinary care. Symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, sudden change in behavior, etc. may be signs of a broader issue, so if you have concerns about your horse's health, we highly recommend you consult your veterinarian first. Many veterinarians use our Product Specialists as a resource in the care of their own animals, and to help them construct optimal supplement programs for their clients. We welcome calls from your veterinarian, trainer or farrier.
If you have any questions about the use of this product, please consult your veterinarian. For additional information about our pharmacy, please contact SmartPak Equine at the number below.
- SmartPak Equine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
Note About Our Pricing
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.
Hold Your HorsesNo changes have been made. Please make your desired changes before clicking “Save and Continue”.
Hover over a product image to view the description or read reviews. Click "Add to SmartPak" to continue