Looks like you don't have any supplements yet...
Building a SmartPak is super easy, here's how:
Need more help getting started?Start a quick walkthrough
but not more than six items to compare.
$35.55 - $59.95
Auburn Laboratories IncHelp protect your horse from stress
- Concentrated liquid extract of adaptogenic herbs shown to support cellular immune function
$72.75 - $119.95
Finish LineFinish Line's five bestsellers in one formula
- Support for joints, hooves, skin & coat, gastric health, blood counts & proper hydration
$21.95 - $44.95
SmartSupplements by SmartPakComprehensive support to power performance
- Provides 6,000 mcg of vitamin B12 and 50 mg of folic acid to promote healthy energy levels
- Includes targeted nutrients that support healthy red blood cell production
$12.95 - $48.95
SmartPak EquineEconomical support for normal muscle function
- Provides 1,500 mg of pure DMG
$12.50 - $25.95
Horse Health ProductsSupports healthy blood cell production
- Formulated to provide supplemental vitamins & minerals that may be lacking in your horse's diet
- Includes 300 mg of chelated iron per serving
$10.00 - $189.95
Auburn Laboratories IncImmune & muscle support
- All the benefits of the original APF, plus more
- Designed for horses under stress and elite equine athletes
$57.50 - $59.95
RamardReplenishes nutrients lost during exercise
- Fortified with essential B vitamins, minerals & iron to support red blood cell production
- Branched-chain amino acids for muscle health & electrolytes to help replenish minerals lost in sweat
Peak Performance NutrientsHelps meet your performance horse's needs
- Highly concentrated supplement that functions as a multi-vitamin, electrolyte & blood builder
- Specially formulated to meet the needs of the hard working performance horse
$17.45 - $49.95
Finish Line#1 Choice for B-vitamin supplementation
- Provides the full selection of vitamins and minerals
- Studies show that this supplement supports healthy blood count levels
Lack of Energy
What is it?When most people talk about a horse that lacks energy, they are usually referring to a horse that doesn’t seem to be enthusiastic in his work or that can’t sustain work for very long. However, in all other respects he appears healthy. That is, he is bright and alert, at an appropriate weight, with a good appetite and normal stools. Depression and lethargy are more serious mental states where a horse is less responsive than normal to stimuli in the environment, acting indifferent or even drowsy.
What can be done about it?While depression and lethargy require immediate veterinary attention, it’s also a good idea to have a complete physical examination and bloodwork performed on horses that seem to lack energy to rule out medical reasons (such as Cushing’s Disease, parasites or "tying up"). Other reasons include not enough calories in the diet, not enough fitness for the level of work, and dehydration or electrolyte depletion, especially when it’s hot. In addition to a conditioning program, supplementing with fat for additional calories and electrolytes to replace those lost in sweat as well as to stimulate drinking may be helpful. There is some evidence suggesting the amino acid L-carnitine and the branched chain amino acids valine, leucine and isoleucine may delay the onset of fatigue in horses.
What else do I need to know?Horses diagnosed with lack of energy due to anemia should be supplemented for all the components of healthy red blood cells, not just iron. Also, anemia can be caused by a number of things--such as gastric or colonic ulcers, parasites, or infection--so it’s important to diagnose the underlying problem and treat that.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|Ingredient||Per Serving||Per Pound|
Note From SmartPak Equine
We want to be your partner in finding the right supplements to support your horse's
health and performance. The most important resource we offer is our Customer Care
team. They are the best in the industry and if you have questions about this product
or others, a friendly and extensively trained Product Specialist would be glad to
assist you. If you would like a comprehensive review of your horse's supplement
program from one of our most experienced consultants, sign up for a FREE Supplement Consultation today! Simply request a call-back time that is convenient for you. Have a quick
question? Chat Live with one of our team members now.
Beyond expert help, we've made comparison shopping for supplements easier by offering the following resources:
- Comparison Charts - reading supplement labels and comparing ingredients can involve a lot of math, so we've harmonized the information into handy ingredient charts.
- Click to Compare - within any supplement category on our website you can select up to 5 products and click the "Compare My Selection" button to get a streamlined comparison of just the products you're interested in.
- Ingredient Glossary - Want to learn more about a specific ingredient within a supplement? Check out our comprehensive glossary!
- Free Taste Test Samples - We don't want you purchasing supplements that your horse won't eat. If you've got a picky eater, just contact us and we'll happily send you a free, 3-day taste test sample of any supplements we carry.
- Health & Nutrition Library - Need-to-Know information for horse owners on everything from diseases and conditions to common horse problems like spookiness and rain rot. This library has it all!
We respect and value the importance of your veterinarian as the primary professional in your horse's management. Supplements are no substitute for regular veterinary care. Symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, sudden change in behavior, etc. may be signs of a broader issue, so if you have concerns about your horse's health, we highly recommend you consult your veterinarian first. Many veterinarians use our Product Specialists as a resource in the care of their own animals, and to help them construct optimal supplement programs for their clients. We welcome calls from your veterinarian, trainer or farrier.
If you have any questions about the use of this product, please consult your veterinarian. For additional information about our pharmacy, please contact SmartPak Equine at the number below.
- SmartPak Equine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
Note About Our Pricing
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.
Hold Your HorsesNo changes have been made. Please make your desired changes before clicking “Save and Continue”.
Hover over a product image to view the description or read reviews. Click "Add to SmartPak" to continue