Looks like you don't have any supplements yet...
Building a SmartPak is super easy, here's how:
Need more help getting started?Start a quick walkthrough
but not more than six items to compare.
$19.95 - $305.95
SmartSupplements by SmartPakHelps your horse beat the bugs
- Garlic, apple cider vinegar, & brewer's yeast to deter biting insects & omega 3s for healthy skin
- Also includes diatomaceous earth to discourage insect breeding in manure
$24.95 - $107.95
SmartSupplements by SmartPakHelps your horse say goodbye to flies
- Provides higher levels of the key ingredients in the original SmartBug-Off formula
- Increased MSM & omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil promote healthy, resilient skin
SmartSupplements by SmartPakGet year-round support & save 20%
- SmartBug-Off Ultra in the spring & summer helps deter biting insects
- SmartOmega 3 Ultra in the fall & winter promotes overall health & wellness
$13.55 - $94.95
Farnam Companies, IncBreaks the fly life cycle
- Prevents the formation of fly larvae's exoskeletons when they molt (resulting in their death)
- Contains no organophosphates & can be used as part of an integrated pest management program
$24.45 - $277.95
ZoetisSafe, simple,& affordable fly prevention
- Cyromazine, the active ingredient, prevents house & stable fly egg development
- The overall fly population is significantly reduced within 4-6 weeks
$19.05 - $399.95
Natural Horse VetInsect control plus digestive support
- Garlic, yeast & grape seed extract help deter biting flies
- Diatomaceous earth helps discourage insect breeding in manure
$8.55 - $18.95
Hilton Herbs100% pure garlic
- Garlic is one of the most widely used medicinal herbs in the world
What is it?Insects not only annoy horses, they also spread diseases such as West Nile Virus and cause allergic reactions such as "sweet itch." While there is no way to completely eliminate these flying pests, a coordinated approach can significantly reduce their numbers.
What can be done about it?The most obvious method of controlling insects is to use repellent designed to be sprayed or wiped directly on horses. Spot-ons are more concentrated repellent that is applied less frequently and may be more appropriate for pasture-kept horses. Fly Masks, boots and sheets place a physical barrier between insects and the horse. Horses should be kept inside when insects are at their worst. Screens and fans can be used to provide inside horses with even more protection. Other methods to reduce insect numbers in the barn include fly traps, strips, sticks, bait, automatic misters, residual sprays and area foggers. Larvicides such as Fly Predators, mosquito dunks, dung beetles and nematodes are safe and effective if used properly. New feed-through larvicides such as Solitude, SimpliFly and Equitrol II are also very safe and effective. Many horseowners swear by such additional supplements as garlic, apple cider vinegar and diatomaceous earth.
What else do I need to know?Managing the environment is every bit as important as managing the horse and his immediate area. All standing water on the farm must be eliminated because this is the breeding ground for some insects. Since other insects prefer wet organic matter such as soiled bedding, not only must stalls and paddocks be cleaned frequently, the material must be removed, covered or composted.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|Ingredient||Per Serving||Per Pound|
Note From SmartPak Equine
We want to be your partner in finding the right supplements to support your horse's
health and performance. The most important resource we offer is our Customer Care
team. They are the best in the industry and if you have questions about this product
or others, a friendly and extensively trained Product Specialist would be glad to
assist you. If you would like a comprehensive review of your horse's supplement
program from one of our most experienced consultants, sign up for a FREE Supplement Consultation today! Simply request a call-back time that is convenient for you. Have a quick
question? Chat Live with one of our team members now.
Beyond expert help, we've made comparison shopping for supplements easier by offering the following resources:
- Comparison Charts - reading supplement labels and comparing ingredients can involve a lot of math, so we've harmonized the information into handy ingredient charts.
- Click to Compare - within any supplement category on our website you can select up to 5 products and click the "Compare My Selection" button to get a streamlined comparison of just the products you're interested in.
- Ingredient Glossary - Want to learn more about a specific ingredient within a supplement? Check out our comprehensive glossary!
- Free Taste Test Samples - We don't want you purchasing supplements that your horse won't eat. If you've got a picky eater, just contact us and we'll happily send you a free, 3-day taste test sample of any supplements we carry.
- Health & Nutrition Library - Need-to-Know information for horse owners on everything from diseases and conditions to common horse problems like spookiness and rain rot. This library has it all!
We respect and value the importance of your veterinarian as the primary professional in your horse's management. Supplements are no substitute for regular veterinary care. Symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, sudden change in behavior, etc. may be signs of a broader issue, so if you have concerns about your horse's health, we highly recommend you consult your veterinarian first. Many veterinarians use our Product Specialists as a resource in the care of their own animals, and to help them construct optimal supplement programs for their clients. We welcome calls from your veterinarian, trainer or farrier.
If you have any questions about the use of this product, please consult your veterinarian. For additional information about our pharmacy, please contact SmartPak Equine at the number below.
- SmartPak Equine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
Note About Our Pricing
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.
Hold Your HorsesNo changes have been made. Please make your desired changes before clicking “Save and Continue”.
Hover over a product image to view the description or read reviews. Click "Add to SmartPak" to continue