Looks like you don't have any supplements yet...
Building a SmartPak is super easy, here's how:
Need more help getting started?Start a quick walkthrough
but not more than six items to compare.
$19.95 - $83.95
SmartSupplements by SmartPakBest-selling formula for moody mares
- 840 mg of raspberry leaf and other specialized ingredients support normal hormone levels
- 500 mg of chamomile and 150 mg of passion flower help maintain a calm disposition
$14.65 - $54.95
Solid Ideas LLC/Mare MagicA customer favorite for calming & moodiness
- Pure, dried raspberry leaf helps support a quiet disposition in mares & geldings
$24.05 - $98.95
Farnam Companies, IncThe breeder's choice
- Vitamins & minerals to support optimal condition during conception, parturition, & lactation
What is it?Some mares experience temperament changes when they come into "heat" that not only interfere with training and showing but also make day-to-day handling a challenge. These changes in behavior can range from trouble focusing to acting like there is physical pain to just being irritable and cranky. Temperament changes may be most noticeable during the spring and fall when mares transition into and out of the breeding season.
What can be done about it?The complete estrous cycle in the mare is about 21-22 days long. Actual "heat" or estrus averages 5-7 days, although it can range from 2-11 days. During this time the hormone estrogen peaks and mares become receptive to stallions. After ovulation, mares go out of heat for 14-16 days while under the influence of a different hormone, progesterone. Mares that do not seem to cycle properly or that become dangerous during estrus should be examined by a veterinarian to rule out medical problems. A veterinarian can also prescribe Regumate, a man-made form of progesterone, which can be given orally to mares for up to 15 days in a row to suppress estrus and the behavioral changes that can come with it. Several herbs are used to support a healthy and balanced hormonal system in the mare, such as Vitex agnus castus and Raspberry leaf.
What else do I need to know?Owners should carefully review their overall management to make sure that any behavioral problems are not due to improper diet, lack of turnout and socialization, poor ground handling skills, too little or too much exercise, ill-fitting tack, training and showing schedules, transport, or some other stress.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|Ingredient||Per Serving||Per Pound|
Note From SmartPak Equine
We want to be your partner in finding the right supplements to support your horse's
health and performance. The most important resource we offer is our Customer Care
team. They are the best in the industry and if you have questions about this product
or others, a friendly and extensively trained Product Specialist would be glad to
assist you. If you would like a comprehensive review of your horse's supplement
program from one of our most experienced consultants, sign up for a FREE Supplement Consultation today! Simply request a call-back time that is convenient for you. Have a quick
question? Chat Live with one of our team members now.
Beyond expert help, we've made comparison shopping for supplements easier by offering the following resources:
- Comparison Charts - reading supplement labels and comparing ingredients can involve a lot of math, so we've harmonized the information into handy ingredient charts.
- Click to Compare - within any supplement category on our website you can select up to 5 products and click the "Compare My Selection" button to get a streamlined comparison of just the products you're interested in.
- Ingredient Glossary - Want to learn more about a specific ingredient within a supplement? Check out our comprehensive glossary!
- Free Taste Test Samples - We don't want you purchasing supplements that your horse won't eat. If you've got a picky eater, just contact us and we'll happily send you a free, 3-day taste test sample of any supplements we carry.
- Health & Nutrition Library - Need-to-Know information for horse owners on everything from diseases and conditions to common horse problems like spookiness and rain rot. This library has it all!
We respect and value the importance of your veterinarian as the primary professional in your horse's management. Supplements are no substitute for regular veterinary care. Symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, sudden change in behavior, etc. may be signs of a broader issue, so if you have concerns about your horse's health, we highly recommend you consult your veterinarian first. Many veterinarians use our Product Specialists as a resource in the care of their own animals, and to help them construct optimal supplement programs for their clients. We welcome calls from your veterinarian, trainer or farrier.
If you have any questions about the use of this product, please consult your veterinarian. For additional information about our pharmacy, please contact SmartPak Equine at the number below.
- SmartPak Equine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
Note About Our Pricing
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.
Hold Your HorsesNo changes have been made. Please make your desired changes before clicking “Save and Continue”.
Hover over a product image to view the description or read reviews. Click "Add to SmartPak" to continue