Looks like you don't have any supplements yet...
Building a SmartPak is super easy, here's how:
Need more help getting started?Start a quick walkthrough
but not more than six items to compare.
$97.35 - $499.95
Freedom Health, LLCSupports optimal digestive health
- Supports a healthy digestive system for optimal appearance, temperament & performance
- Delivers highly specialized nutrients to support the healthy function of the entire digestive tract
$28.95 - $112.95
SmartSupplements by SmartPakFour methods of support
- Provides extra calories from healthy fats & amino acids to support lean muscle development
- Also includes prebiotics, probiotics & enzymes for digestive health
Uckele Health & NutritionAll the benefits of Uckele's cocosoya oil
- Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids plus digestive ingredients support healthy weight gain & a beautiful coat
$17.70 - $106.95
Manna ProSupports a healthy body condition
- Provides calories for weight gain & fatty acids for healthy skin & coat
- Contains five times the fat of an equal amount of high-fat, stabilized rice bran
$17.45 - $124.95
Adeptus Nutrition, IncSupports a healthy weight
- Healthy fats from flax seed, rice bran, soy oils, sea algae, & DHA for weight gain & performance
$29.95 - $78.95
Farnam Companies, IncAdds calories without extra grain
- Provides extra calories from fat for weight gain & a healthy body condition
- Contains over twice the calories found in an equal amount of grain
$16.70 - $88.95
VapcoConcentrated natural muscle developer
- Combination of high-quality proteins & essential amino acids for muscle development
- Includes enzymes to help aid in digestion
What is it?An underweight horse is one that scores a 4 or less on the Henneke Body Condition Scoring Scale which ranges from 1 = emaciated to 9 = obese. There are many medical reasons why a horse may be thin, including parasites, dental disease, GI conditions, infections and others. But there are also many non-medical reasons for a horse to have difficulty keeping weight on, such as breed, age, use and the environment in which he lives.
What can be done about it?The first step is having the horse examined by a veterinarian to determine if weight loss is due to a medical condition. If not, then other reasons why the horse might be thin should be investigated. For example, a thoroughbred with a high metabolism or nervous nature might simply need more calories than the same size quarter horse living in the next stall. An older horse might require more protein to maintain muscle along his topline. A three-day eventer or barrel racer might thrive when fat is added as a fuel source. And a horse living outside with a herd may gain weight when brought in for shelter and separate feeding.
What else do I need to know?At least once a month, estimate and record both the horse's Body Condition Score and body weight, measured with a weight tape. Make sure the horse is receiving 2% of his body weight each day in forage (hay or grass) and that his diet is complete and balanced by including a fortified grain, ration balancer or multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. If more nutrition is needed, amino acids, fat and digestive support such as pre- and probiotics and enzymes can be added. Finally, consider using a daily dewormer which has been shown to increase nutrient utilization.
Please note the following serving sizes when buying this product in SmartPaks:
|Ingredient||Per Serving||Per Pound|
Note From SmartPak Equine
We want to be your partner in finding the right supplements to support your horse's
health and performance. The most important resource we offer is our Customer Care
team. They are the best in the industry and if you have questions about this product
or others, a friendly and extensively trained Product Specialist would be glad to
assist you. If you would like a comprehensive review of your horse's supplement
program from one of our most experienced consultants, sign up for a FREE Supplement Consultation today! Simply request a call-back time that is convenient for you. Have a quick
question? Chat Live with one of our team members now.
Beyond expert help, we've made comparison shopping for supplements easier by offering the following resources:
- Comparison Charts - reading supplement labels and comparing ingredients can involve a lot of math, so we've harmonized the information into handy ingredient charts.
- Click to Compare - within any supplement category on our website you can select up to 5 products and click the "Compare My Selection" button to get a streamlined comparison of just the products you're interested in.
- Ingredient Glossary - Want to learn more about a specific ingredient within a supplement? Check out our comprehensive glossary!
- Free Taste Test Samples - We don't want you purchasing supplements that your horse won't eat. If you've got a picky eater, just contact us and we'll happily send you a free, 3-day taste test sample of any supplements we carry.
- Health & Nutrition Library - Need-to-Know information for horse owners on everything from diseases and conditions to common horse problems like spookiness and rain rot. This library has it all!
We respect and value the importance of your veterinarian as the primary professional in your horse's management. Supplements are no substitute for regular veterinary care. Symptoms such as weight loss, diarrhea, sudden change in behavior, etc. may be signs of a broader issue, so if you have concerns about your horse's health, we highly recommend you consult your veterinarian first. Many veterinarians use our Product Specialists as a resource in the care of their own animals, and to help them construct optimal supplement programs for their clients. We welcome calls from your veterinarian, trainer or farrier.
If you have any questions about the use of this product, please consult your veterinarian. For additional information about our pharmacy, please contact SmartPak Equine at the number below.
- SmartPak Equine LLC
- 40 Grissom Road, Suite 500
- Plymouth, MA 02360
Note About Our Pricing
We do our best to keep our prices low, to pass along savings where we can, and to give advanced notice of price increases whenever possible. Because supplement prices can fluctuate with commodity prices, our pricing is sometimes subject to change without prior notice.
Hold Your HorsesNo changes have been made. Please make your desired changes before clicking “Save and Continue”.
Hover over a product image to view the description or read reviews. Click "Add to SmartPak" to continue