Fuller Fillies Field Boot
Finally boots that fit!!
I have large calves and have been on an endless search for boots that fit comfortably. I finally found them in Fuller Fillies! I love the 'accordion' type back on the boot that gives me the adjustment that I need and also allows my thicker winter breeches to be worm comfortably.
I can't say a bunch about the durability since I haven't had them very long but I am impressed with the quality. They feel just as nice as the Ariats I tried on. Plenty of room in the footbed. I think once they are 100% broken in I will have a great pair of boots!
May 9, 2013
I LOVE THEM!!!
I haven't owned tall boots in years because of my giant calf muscles. I bought these and they fit perfectly! They broke in super quick, and they clean up nicely and look great for showing. I'm so happy with them!
April 22, 2013
They fit! (and they have x-tall)
I just needed a pair of field boots and didn't want to put out $$ for custom.
• What they don't tell you in the sizing chart is that there is an x-tall. I ordered that boot in the wide (my calves are 16 1/2 naked). I was hoping that the gusset would allow for breeches and sock. It does! But the gusset is snug at the calf.
• I wear a size 10 shoe. The heel and footbed fit.
• On me, the top of the boot is snug - this is a plus. With other x-wide boots, if I can get them over my calf, the top is always too big. I can usually get my fist in them.
• The ankle is bigger than what I would like, but then again, they are not custom.
In spite of what I say below, I am keeping them. They fit and that is the most important factor.
• Quality - gave it a 3 because I ordered a pair of the Mountain Horse Richmond boots to try at the same time. The Fuller Filly is a very soft leather and the zipper is not heavy duty. The Mountain Horse are a better quality - heavy duty zipper, stiff leather - but they didn't fit.
• Value - 3 stars - compared to the Mountain Horse at essentially the same price, the Mountain Horse are the better value - but they didn't fit
• Durability - 3 stars because of the weight of the zipper and the boots are a soft leather. If I can edit the post after a few rides, I will update.
April 11, 2013
Excellent wide calf boot
I have never had a pair of boots fit out of the box, I always have to go at least semi-custom. But these did! These are a great option if you have wider calves. Especially if you are like me, and the wide part of your calf is actually lower, near your ankle. Most wide calf boots gape at the top, and are still not big enough in my ankle (I have cankles!) The elastic in this fits really well, and does a great job. The tops are not gaping, but there is enough room in the ankle/lower calf (my feet no longer fall asleep in my boots!) Plus, they look nice. And they are definitely fancy enough to show in. Sure they are not the beautiful soft leather of custom or $650 dollar boots, but they are fantastic for the price point.
The foot of the boot fits just a little big, so if you are normally a half size, you could try going down a size.
April 11, 2013
Warning to short people...
I'm 5'1", and the "short"s were way too short! I have very short legs, so I don't understand this. I am awaiting the "average"s, hopefully they work.
Otherwise the x-wide calf was perfect, and even though I have high arches, the fit in the foot was perfect.
April 10, 2013
This boot is perfect
I've ridden all my life. This boot is the perfect size and comfort. The gussets in the back by the zipper allow your leg to be comfortable in all climates. Pry my dead hands off these boots before i give them up. Truly the perfect boot. Wish they had them for men.
March 18, 2013